Further to popular demand of this post, here are 15 more creative icebreaker questions you can use in trainings, meetings, parties, a get together…
- If you could have a super power, what would it be?
Think flying, being invisible, turning things to stone, making everyone happy,…
- What’s the strangest thing you’ve ever seen?
This can be weird, horrible, beautiful. The strangest, most blue and beautiful thing I ever saw were Tridacnas. They seem to breathe in life and are very female and sexy.
- If a genie could fix one thing in your daily life that bothers you, what would that be?
This can be anything from socks getting lost in the washing machine over my cable company’s call center to my love life.
- What one item would I find in your refrigerator right now?
This says a lot about personality traits and food preferences. No need to sum up a whole list of all items. Just one will do.
- If Hollywood made a movie about your life, whom would you like to see play the lead role as you?
This shows the person’s interest and personality. And probably their favorite actor/actress.
- You are the front line of tomorrow’s newspaper. What does the title say?
Give people a paper printout of an empty newspaper and let them fill in with black markers.
- You were just given a yacht. What would you name it?
Silly, but it makes people come up with the weirdest, funniest names.
- If you could turn your name into a verb (like ‘to google’, ‘everybody Wang Chung tonight‘) what action would your name be?
This is actually most effective (and fun) when each person has to answer this about another person. It also tells a lot about how others see you.
- What was your favorite tv show when you grew up?
I grew up in the 80ies so I loved Dynasty and Family. But also Pan Tau, and Pippi Longstocking (she was one of my Shero‘s).
- The great theologian Andy Warhol stated that everyone gets 15 minutes of fame. What happened during your 15 minutes?
I spoke at Tedx only 6 minutes, but still.
- Name the most famous person you have met (as in shaking hands, not just seen in concert).
This works well in an international group where people are more likely to have met different ‘stars’. Let me think…I guess it would have to be the Luxembourg Grand Duke, like about every other resident… Or maybe Christine Kane.
- What was your nickname growing up or now?
As a kid, I was called Mirinda which was a soft drink back then. I did NOT like that. Later, people called me Sam and now it’s just Miranda or Mimi.
- When was the last time you did something for the first time? What was it?
I would have to say that this year is full of firsts. The retreat in March was one. My Tedx speech another. And I will soon be jumping out of a plane too.
- What is your favorite quote?
Says a lot about people’s values. Mine is: ‘Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent’ – Eleanor Roosevelt
- What’s the most interesting “Ice Breaker” Question you have ever been asked?
They are listed here. If you have some more, shoot!